It's All About the Table

Last night my family and I celebrated my oldest daughter's birthday at a local Italian restaurant.  Don't think of the traditional mother, father, and two children scenario....I have four children; they have spouses and children, so when we get together, especially in a restaurant, it takes a large table with many chairs.  But that's not the focus of this blog today.

After we all went our separate ways last night, I began to think about how much joy comes from simply sitting with my family at a table, having conversations, and sharing laughter.  Nothing surpasses that kind of joy.  While phones were visible, no glowing screens were visible.  Just spending genuine time with one another energized me even after a long day of work, and that feeling of contentment has continued into today.

So why the title?  It truly is all about the table.  Sitting at a table with one another, sharing food with one another (or breaking bread as my husband used to say), and talking with one another will be something I will always cherish.  The table invites us to gather around.  The table beckons us to share the food--sampling each other's choices as long as we ask, first!  The table encourages conversations to occur and let's not forget the endless laughter.

It's all about the table...

Comments

Post a Comment